Tenant Eviction Lawyer

now answering your questions about the lawand legal issues, this is legal break, with attorney gary bruce. legal break- here we are again with gary bruce. thank you so much for joining us. we’ve got some great questions, we’re gonnajump right into one from a man on the street, let’s see what he asks. alright, my question is: if my landlord saidthat they were going to fix things within my place, and they do not fix the issues thatare going on, then do i have to pay them rent? the easy answer is yes and no, so that’s notmuch of an answer right.

i would say if you called me on the phoneand wanted my opinion i’d say yes. don’t risk being evicted over it, you know. but the true answer is really, depends onhow material of defect it is. is it a safety hazard, and if if you havetime to deal with it. so if you have time, send them a certifiedletter and tell them it needs to be fixed or you’re going to fix it yourself and chargethem the amount of the cost. and then- and then you can maybe deduct thatfrom your rent, and then pay the consequences and see how that goes, it depends on how badit is. if it’s really bad in a safety issue you maywant to just get out of there.

so you do have recourse as a tenant, but theeasy answer if it’s something minor like a dishwasher isn’t working, you probably needto pay the rent. yeah very good. we also have a facebook question today, solet’s pull that up so we can get that word in correctly. when using a lawyer, what is a reasonableamount of time to expect the action to be completed? for example if i’m unhappy with my lawyerand wanted to change, could i do that? yeah well, that’s a that’s a really- we couldspeak for several weeks on this one.

so how long does it take to complete a case? every case is different. so, i think in this situation- because wefollowed up with them- it had to do with a procedure they wanted filed. you know what’s reasonable is reasonable. if you’ve paid them to do it then they oughtto get on it, and if they don’t then you have some recourse. what i usually suggest to people is this:make an appointment with your lawyer and sit down and talk about it and get a plan, andif they don’t want to meet with you- which

happens a lot, we see that, then you needto change lawyers, get a second opinion, see what you can do. if they’re holding some money of yours andthey won’t work with you, talk to another lawyer and do something. you can always get a second opinion, you canchange lawyers- you’re not bound to one lawyer. and if it’s a real problem you go to the bar. the bar association does have grievances andways to deal with problems that arise in the attorney-client relationship, even to feedisputes. so that that’s something, the bar does offera lot of resources to help in these relationships,

but you know if it’s a problem and you needto talk to somebody else you have that right, you can talk you can call another lawyer,and we do it a lot. great questions, keep them coming. thank you so much gary, we look forward toseeing you on the very next legal break.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *